Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

1960's Deluxe Pearl Bass Pedal & Hi-Hat

SO roughly 10+ years ago I acquired some 1960's Ludwig & Tempro drums. They came with a 1960's Pearl Hi-Hat stand and Bass Drum pedal. After looking through some older Pearl catalogs on the VDG I found It's the deluxe pedal. Has the rubber foot board and all. I had actually forgotten how much I love that pedal and how quick and smooth the action is. Are these rare among pearl pedals? I haven't come across any aside mine, and have only seen it in the 1969 catalog. I took this photo from the VDG.

1 attachments
18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago

Well it must be somewhat rare because I have NEVER seen one. And I have only seen one Star 60's deluxe type bass pedal. And I've seen alot of stuff...

Posted on 8 years ago

The only catalog I was able to find them in was the 1969. Could these have been made for only one year?

18 Kits & 40+ snares..

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago

The red/pink oyster pearl Presidents I found had the similar Speed Pedal. The hardware/ color makes me the set is 69/ 70ish based on the catalogs. Not sure if the pedals are identical with a different print/name. I'm wondering if that rubber flap at the heel of mine is original. Looks like it could be. Use it pretty much every day on the second kit.

1 attachments
Wanted: Pearl President floor tom in Golden Grain wrap and rack tom in Tiger Eye (root beer) wrap.
Posted on 8 years ago

As I recall, the actual pedal was around for a few years.. It was just the rubber footboard version that was short lived .. (It had a little too much grip for my liking)..

Cheers

John

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.
Posted on 8 years ago

tris66 mine is almost the same, but my legs are a bit thinner, and I don't have the rubber on the heel.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago

From tris66

The red/pink oyster pearl Presidents I found had the similar Speed Pedal. The hardware/ color makes me the set is 69/ 70ish based on the catalogs. Not sure if the pedals are identical with a different print/name. I'm wondering if that rubber flap at the heel of mine is original. Looks like it could be. Use it pretty much every day on the second kit.

I have two hi-hat stands with this pedal, and both are different from this one. One is flat based, and the other is standard - not tubular legs. Think maybe they've been around a while, just not too many have survived.

LOGOS - Vinyl Bass Drum Brand Logo Decals
http://www.ebay.ca/usr/barrhavendrum...p2047675.l2559

Barrhaven Drum Guy
Posted on 8 years ago

I have the standard one as well. Actually the catalog photo I posted has the standard one shown. I'll try and snap photos of mine tomorrow.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here