Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

1960's Apollo

Drums found next to a dumpster..a little TLC and a nice little bop kit

5 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

Nice rescue and another set saved.Also like how you tilt the ft towards you and that`s what i do as well.Don`t see many drummers position floor toms in this manner and i love the look too!

Wayne

1967 Rogers Cleveland Champagne Sparkle
1967/68 Rogers Dayton Champagne Sparkle
1966 Rogers cob 7 Line Dynasonic Snare.
1967 Rogers "Humberto Morales" Timbales.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge 14x 6.5 Black Beauty Snare.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge Red Cortex
1988 Sonor "Horst Link" HLD 590 14x8 Bronze Snare
Posted on 9 years ago

Thanks Wayne...I try to position drums for efficiency ...I think that gives the kit it's personality! Or I guess my personality!

Posted on 9 years ago

Great find.

How deep is that Bass Drum?

Seems deep for the 60's.

Is the Floor Tom meant to be suspended from the Bass Drum with the bracket alone? No legs. Legs added?

Nice Restore.

BLAEMIRE DRUMS
Thanks to Mr. Jerry Jenkins
Posted on 9 years ago

You noticed that...since the drums were a dumpster find..my original idea was to make a torpedo bass drum that would double as a cocktail kit..so I added 12" to the bass...(bottom pic) played it for awhile that way and decided to cut that down 6" so it went from 26" to 20" deep..any alteration was to the added section of bass..the original is intact and can be restored to it's original size...then I got the idea for a compact Jazz kit..all self contained with floor tom and snare both suspended from the bass drum.. I used a different floor tom not the original..i cut that down 4-6" for weight and used a tom mount..found out I will need better hardware..maybe Pearl or Gibraltar to pull this off..again everything is being done in the addition part of the bass drum...I may still do that..adding another mount for the snare..when I am satisfied maybe I'll wrap it..Bass sounded great with an extra 12" and still sound good with 6"

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here