Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

1960 Slingerland set

I inherited a Slingerland kit way back in the day and have used and stored. There are some issues with the bass drum, although I believe it won’t be original, with some TLC will be ok to use anyway. I may post pics to rec opinions what my best option is, repair or parts.

The question is, when you have a 12” drum, and 16” floor tom with no badge, how do you know it’s a Slingerland? The finish is the light blue pearl.

Ink stamp in 12” drum reads SEP 63, 16” floor reads AUG 64 P, no badge.

3 drums have the Niles Badge as attached.

14” x 5” is steel.

14” x 5” light blue pearl.

22” bass drum light blue pearl

1 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago

Hi Jeffrey! Welcome to the forum!

Just the fact that both your toms have those stamps tells me they are Slingerland...even without pictures. Easiest way is to post pictures. Still, the toms will have 3-ply shells with solid maple reinforcing hoops. Also, I believe the inner ply of the shells will be clear maple. Easy to tell Slingerland lugs and Sticksaver hoops, too. But...pictures will tell the story!

-Mark

Posted on 7 years ago

+1 with idrum4fun.

Posted on 7 years ago

thanks...working on the pics. The bass and floor are in tough shape, although the snare and 12" rack tom are nice. Just need to find another knob for the throw off switch. I have one, although will need to disassemble and swap out. Hoping to show pics of the snare from start to finish as well. At least get that drum looking and sounding good.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here