Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

1960 Ludwig spur question.

Is the front of the 22" supposed to be this far off of the floor? When i acquired this set last fall, I did a complete clean/polish job. The spurs only attach 1 way, right? What's the purpose of the small allen screw? I finally decided to use them on gig and there seemed to be alot of wobble. I tried switching sides,but then they don't fold nicely against the shell.

2 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

From drumguy60

Is the front of the 22" supposed to be this far off of the floor? When i acquired this set last fall, I did a complete clean/polish job. The spurs only attach 1 way, right? What's the purpose of the small allen screw? I finally decided to use them on gig and there seemed to be alot of wobble. I tried switching sides,but then they don't fold nicely against the shell.

You have them on the opposite side they need to be. They should point out to the front of the drum.

I've never actually USED a set of those, so I'm not sure but I THINK the setscrew is for gripping the spur like a tooth when you tighten the wingnut.

I'm sure others that HAVE used it will know exactly.

Things to share
Thanks are implied
You are always welcome
Listen To BONHAM here!!
ViperSpace
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Ditto above; switch 'em around.

The allen screw actually tightens and loosens the tension on the short end of the "L" of the leg.

Have you fiddled with that allen at all ? Maybe you can adjust the leg someway with it.

The other alternative would be to mount the assembly a tad higher up the bass drum....but that would kinda suck since the holes have already been drilled.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Umm....I'm not sure I understand what is being asked. Forgive me. I looked at the picture and it's obvious that the baseplate of the bass drum pedal is elevating the bass drum.

Those spurs are notoriously undependable. They are precursors to the "Gullwing" spurs and they really don't supply much stability. The idea was that they could be easily folded under the drum for transport, but the physics of their performance wasn't taken into consideration whe they were designed. They looked good, but didn't perform well. "Not a lot upstairs, but what a staircase!"DOH

I would recommend that you consider getting an anchor that works in tandem with those style spurs

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

The top bend in the spur should face out.....you have your right on your left and left on your right. The space from the hoop to the floor would be normal though.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here