Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

1959 WFL - Do I need to repair this?

Hi everyone,

I just got a great 1959 wfl that's in excellent condition. The previous owner refinished the drums himself in the 60's and I noticed a potential issue around the cymbal mount on the kick. I think when he reinstalled the cymbal mount, he overtightened and now the wood is separating a little. The dark pics are the exterior and I can't tell if the paint he used is just chipping off or if the drum is cracked or damaged in some other way. I took the heads off and looked inside and there seems to be some splintering and I'm not sure how to repair this or how to prevent further damage? Anyone have ideas? Is this even an issue?

I'm planning to strip the paint and rewrap the kit in black or white pearl to restore it to what it possibly looked like originally. I'm just trying to figure out what I need to work on or what I should plan to work on to make sure I have all the materials before starting this project. I don't think this is a serious issue and its not a deal breaker since otherwise this is an excellent kit, but I don't want to overlook this just in case.

Any input will help! And let me know if you need better pics - again, not sure if this is an issue or if I'm just a little paranoid.

Posted on 9 years ago

Welcome to the forum! Cant tell much from the pics. If anything is loose will need to be re-glued. Not hard, just search the posts.

Creighton

Nothing special here but I like them.
Posted on 9 years ago

just add a oversize washer internal it should be fine gary

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 9 years ago

From jaghog

just add a oversize washer internal it should be fine gary

Yup....agreed.........

Bop iT / Til U Drop iT.

ROGER's
1964 Cleveland,.18/14/12 in WMP
1966 Cleveland, 20/14/12 O'natural.
Fullerton,...20/16/13/12 Silver Glass

WFL
1957 B/R Super Classics In WMP

Snares..