Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

1959 Ludwig (Transition Badges) Kit & Ludwig B/O early 70s Super Sensitve

Boys, I'm offering for sale a 1959 Ludwig transition badge kit. The kit was rewrapped three years ago in Mardi Gras (in honor of an identical kit that appears in a 1968 photo of the Byrds drummer sitting at a twin this tribute kit.)

The drums are 3-ply maple from an era that everyone acknowledges was the height of Ludwig drum making. The kit looks brand stinking new and the sound of these drums just kills. Transition badge kits are among the most desirable drums Ludwig ever built. Would make a monster studio kit because of the sound these drums produce.

This is a no issues kit. Shells, hardware and wrap are all in excellent condition. The kit (other than the wrap) is all original and complete. This is a chance (because it has been rewrapped) to own and play a 1959 transition badge kit at an affordable price!

Shell pack only, no cymbals or stands. 13"x9" rack tom, 16"x16" floor tom, 14"x22" bass drum, w/matching 14"x5" Jazzfest (8-lug) snare drum. Rare drums in a killer finish at an affordable price.

$1100. (Firm) You pay all shipping.

I also have an early 70s B&O badge Ludwig Super Sensitive up for sale.

$250.00 You pay shipping. See photos.

Serious inquiries only please. PM me.

*Photos on request. I'm having problems up loading photos!

Note for my old friends: Sorry I havent been able to hang out with you guys. I spent most of this year hospitalized (9 months.) I am currently racovering from three surgeries and I'm relearning how to walk and climb stairs. My buddy Mick brought me a set of the sticks I use along with a practice pad to the hospital and it allowed me to keep my chops up with my hands at least. I can't wait to sit down behind my drums, it's been a long year since I've had a chance to wail on them. I am on dialysis which I do three times a week and the blood cleaning sessions really take it out of me energy-wise. I feel like a dish rag afterwards. The good news is... although it's hard to tell, "I'm still alive and as well as I can be."

I miss you guys.

Warmest regards,

John

1 attachments
Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 4 years ago

Hi John,

Glad to see you are "alive and as well as can be"

Miss you on here also. Good luck with this sale.

It shouldn't last long.

Super price.

And Big Blue Says hello and get better.

Wayne

Posted on 4 years ago

Hiya Wayne,

Yep, say hi to Big Blue for me. Man I hope this gear sells quick. After almost a year in the hospital I'm so behind on all my bills it's scary. I'm getting turn off notices on everything. I always pay my bills on time so this an unsettling situation for me. I still have a few things in my collection that I can put up for sale, but I really don't want to. I'm only selling these off out of desperation. Here's hoping for a quick sale!

Good to hear from you...

John

Posted on 4 years ago

Hey John hope to hear your getting better

Gary

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 4 years ago

Hey Gary!

Keep a good thought for me bro, I can use it. Thanks for the kind words.

John

Posted on 4 years ago

If you have a downbeat or smaller lol

you wanna part with

keep me in mind I might be a player

Gary

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 4 years ago

Gary,

About 5 years ago I rewrapped an early 60s Club Date kit for my grandson in green glass glitter that I got from Precision Drums. He used the kit for three months and it has been sitting in my son's closet all this time. 12"x8" rack tom, 14"x14" floor tom, 14"x20" bass drum, w/matching 14"x5" Jazzfest snare. $950. plus shipping and it's yours. That's about all I have in terms of 'small drums.'

Let me know...

John

Posted on 4 years ago

Sending good thoughts to a drum brother. I hope you continue to improve toward playing again. Best wishes.

Posted on 4 years ago

John sounds like a great kit but I’d rather have a down

Gary

1967 super classic obp

Posted on 4 years ago

If anybody else is interested in the Club Dates they are available.

Thanks all for well wishes. John

Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here