Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

1959 Ludwig Club Dates

Here's some pics of my recently acquired '59 transition badge Club Dates...I guess these are the before pics, 'cause I've yet to switch out the heads or do anything other than dust them...it's gonna be a long weekend! The only thing I'm doing different is putting the rack tom on a snare stand, as I can't stand to see the bass hoop tom mount wobbling around and creaking.

I also have a 4" by 13" Ludwig Las Vegas snare in matching duco that I have to pick up from my girlfriend's parents before her dad decides he's a drummer...

Troy

5 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

This set looks gorgeous, and its chrome is well too. How much have you paid for it? Pretty rare set though.

And go go, hurry up for that snare, post some pictures of him too :)

1970. Sonor swinger - 20'',16'' & 12''
Posted on 15 years ago

One word. NICEClapping Happy2

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 15 years ago

Great looking and I'm sure a great sounding set.

I like to use Remo Legacy heads on those mahogany shells...

Posted on 15 years ago

Very very cool. Keep on Pl

30's Radio King - 26, 13, 13, 16
49 - WFL Ray McKinley - 26, 13, 16
58 - Slingerland Duco
58 - Slingerland Krupa Deluxe
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 20, 12, 14
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 22 (need), 13, 16
And some others..
Posted on 15 years ago

From Rich K.

Great looking and I'm sure a great sounding set.I like to use Remo Legacy heads on those mahogany shells...

WHoops...I meant Renaissance heads...

Posted on 15 years ago

What a set I can't stop looking at the pictures.

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Some people would tend to rush to have those stripped and wrapped....stupid people. That duco finish is in pretty good shape. A keeper for sure.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

From Jaye

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Some people would tend to rush to have those stripped and wrapped....stupid people. That duco finish is in pretty good shape. A keeper for sure.[/COLOR]

Nooooooooooooooooo! These things are staying as is...I'll leave full on drum restoration to the others, but I like the look of things that show their age and the fact that someone used them. (Not that there is anything wrong with making an old kit brand new looking, it's just not my cup of tea. There are plenty of kits to go around....)

I've found it funny that people will go out of the way to find old beat up guitars with the finish worn through and cigarette burns, etc., or even pay more to buy new ones "distressed", but drums are the complete opposite. Besides, I hate having to be super careful with any of my things. That being said, I still drool over all the beauties forum members are fixing up!

Troy

Posted on 15 years ago

Good decision ! Ducos go in and out of favor in the vintage drum circle; but once you alter 'em, they are toast. I have a couple of sets (one Slingy, one Rogers) and they stay in their suspended state of beautiful decay, for sure !

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here