Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

1958 Slingy Student Model RK

Here we go! Student Model RK number two!

This one had some serious orange paint job action done to it at one time and it looks like someone really sanded a lot of the nice mahogany off of the outer ply when they removed it...rather unevenly in some spots...plus there is a little bubble in one spot as well (water damage or something?).

I am gonna strip the rest of the paint drips off inside and out, put some tung oil on the inside, and give it a green sparkle re-wrap. I have to try to get the nickel hardware looking as nice as I can as well....which might be tough...especially on the strainer and rods. Some serious rust on there. Any suggestions for shining up nickel plated hardware?

Also, as you can see, the badge is off already. It came to me like this. Whoever stripped the shell must have left the badge on and stripped all the black paint off of it...so its just a curly S badge in all brass. I am looking for a replacement if anyone has one laying around. Curly S 50's Chicago badge.

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Adam

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

cool! I cant wait to see the finished product!

James

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin
Posted on 13 years ago

Cape Cod cloths work great on nickel. Nice drum, I have the same in a blue lacquer.

Posted on 13 years ago

Those Cape Cod Cloths look great. Ill have to order some for the project!

Thanks!

Adam

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here