Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

1956 WMP Slingerlands

Hi All, found this kit in LA at a recording studio through Craigslist. The owner was very cool and said they appeared to not have been gigged much. I think he was right. I've had Slingerlands since the 70's and never thought about a "true" vintage kit until I spotted these. Aside from Jack Lawton's expert "hoop" refinishing, Steve Maxwells' sweet "rail consolette" repro (highly recommend) some 30 plus hours of elbow grease with tips from this very forum, these cans are 100% original. Oh yes, I did have to buy some L-arms from ebay and new Remo heads. I do like the newer hardware from DW, and Gibralter so I'm not going for 100% vintage kit. Just the drums. Oh and yes, that's a Radio King snare with 3point strainer. These are ALL about TONE!!! Take that you Gretsch snobs!! Laughing H

former 27thLancer

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Time capsule baby!!

Very nice indeed.

Posted on 13 years ago

Beautiful kit lancer!

Posted on 13 years ago

Gorgeous kit man!! Love it!!

Cheers,BigE

Posted on 13 years ago

The only thing missing from the pic is Krupa and/or Rich!

GREAT looking kit. THANKS for sharing!

Posted on 13 years ago

Outstanding!

1966 Ludwig Super Classics in Red Sparkle 13,16(2),22
1969 Supraphonic, 1965 Pioneer in Red Sparkle
2010 Ludwig Classic Maples in Ruby Glitter (13,15,16, 22 w/ matching 14 x 6.5 snare)
Posted on 13 years ago

Sweet !!!!!

Kevin
Posted on 13 years ago

From kevins

Sweet !!!!!

Why did you put an Non original mount on such a nice kit, What happened to the original one???Help2

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 13 years ago

Cool!!! Walking

"It's Charlie Watts' band
Without him we wouldn't have a group"

Keith Richards
Posted on 13 years ago

those look great!

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here