Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

1956 Slingerland

I've had this snare since 1974. It's gone through the ringer, just like me, even survived a flood!! Sat in the flood waters for THREE DAYS!! Glue held, minor buckling of the outer ply, but that was thirty years ago! I had got her playable again, but felt it was time to get the old girl back in the shape she deserved so here she is. Still waiting to get a replacement muffle from a fellow forum member to complete the rebuild, but I think she came out pretty good. She just sounds awesome! Maybe the flood waters helped! LOL

1 attachments
Posted on 10 years ago

Considering what she's been through I'd say she looks dam fine for her age. Clapping Happy2

Cam

"If we can't be free we can at least be cheap" -FZ
Posted on 10 years ago

I love it! It's beautiful.

Posted on 10 years ago

I agree with Cam, it looks very nice indeed !

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 10 years ago

great save cool

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 10 years ago

I love the looks of this one. Am I correct in the assumption that the duco paint has been redone or significantly touched up?

Posted on 10 years ago

Great story, lovely drum.

40's Slingerland Radio King WMP
60's Ludwig Downbeat Silver Spark
70's Ludwig Super Classic White Marine
60's Gretsch RB Champaigne Spark
70's Rogers Big R Black
90's Sonor Hilite (Red maple)
00's DW Collectors Broken Glass
00's DW Jazz Series Tangerine Glass
10's DW Collectors (Acrylic) Matt Black Wrap
10's PDP Concept Wood Hoop kit (Maple)
Proud ambassador of the British Drum Company
Posted on 10 years ago

The refinishing including stripping of old paint, filling all dents dings cracks etc with wood filler blended with native poplar shavings, then all sanded smooth again and repainted. The hoops are original issue cob and never been refinished. You can see the brass in spots due to wear, strainer is original, rust and all along with the butt strainer. Muffle in it is also original but the nut is not. It is from the same year, just not original to this drum. Lugs, tensioners, all original. Unbelievable sound. Thanks for all the comments.

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here