Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

1954 Slingerland Radio King Snare Drum

Hello All, Here is a trusted studio workhorse, Slingerland WMP Radio King Single Ply, Snare Drum. Bearing edges are original. It was rewrapped about 15 years ago in Antique White Pearl, and three extra holes filled, where a second muffler was installed.( See Photos). Dont Know why it was there. But all wrap and shell work,was done by Lawton Drum Co. So the work is impeccable. Clamshell strainer works proper and works flawless. Great sounding snare for your studio or live applications. $575. plus shipping to Lower 48 USA. Outside of USA Buyer Responsible for Shipping and any Customs or applicable Charges. Thank You Dan

Any Questions Please ask.

Posted on 3 years ago

Dan, how did you arrive at a 1954 date? Lugs and hoops are post '54 and lug fasteners are late 50's/early 60's.

Posted on 3 years ago

A really nice drum! At a minimum, it's a 1955. That's when Slingerland introduced their modern lug and "Rim-Shot" hoops. Knowing that Jack Lawton did the re-wrap, I've no doubt that the workmanship is first rate!

-Mark

Posted on 3 years ago

Hello Guys, As far as I know the badge was said to be '53 but the lugs weren,t introduced until '54. So the call was it probably is a transitional drum. This drum is crazy because it had 2 dual round pad mufflers installed when I got it. Were they both installed at factory or did someone add the extra, who knows? Truely I really don't know, any info, I'm open to it. Thanks Dan

Posted on 3 years ago

Badge is '50 - '53.

Lugs and hoops are '55 or later.

Strainer is '56 or later.

Lug fasteners are '57 or later.

The large spread of years would seem to eliminate the possibility of a 'transitional' drum. May be a '50 - '53 shell that was stripped of it's original hardware and then replaced with later hardware or more likely a later 50's snare with a post factory added '50 - '53 badge.

Posted on 3 years ago

Thanks for the info. Whatever it is, It is one KickA%# Snare for recording. Thanks Again Dan

Posted on 3 years ago

BUMP BUMP Free Shipping.

Posted on 3 years ago

BUMP BUMP Still available, Thanks Round Badge

Posted on 3 years ago
Action Another action Something else here