Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

1951 Leedy and Ludwig...more info please?

I have an old 1951 Leedy and Ludwig drum set. It is marine pearl white. It is a 4 piece, with a 24"x16" Bass with a Speedking Pedal, 16"x16" floor Tom, 13" mounting Tom, and a 14" snare. 13" zildjian hi hat, 16" and 18" zildjian cymbals. The shells are in good condition, but needs new heads on all but the floor Tom. All pieces have functioning stands, which may be their originals (they are visibly very old). I also have cases for both Toms and the bass. There is also an assortment of other hardware and equipment.

Click the link below to look at about 30 pictures of the set and all the hardware/accessories.

I'm looking to put this set on eBay, but I'm not sure what to expect out of it. How much do you think I can get for it? Any suggestions for a reserve or buy it now?

http://community.webshots.com/user/TJDrag

Posted on 18 years ago

I know this is a 1951 Leedy and Ludwig kit, but If anyone can give me any more information on this drum set I would greatly appreciate...anything and everything (model, value, how desireable?) you can tell me I would like to know!...click the link below for pics!

http://community.webshots.com/user/TJDrag

Posted on 18 years ago

Well, I saw your post on another board so you must really want that answer. The thing is that Leedy/Ludwig do not come up as a complete drum set that often. Or shall I say I have not see that many, maybe others have.

Any good vintage complete set will bring better bucks. As stated on the other board, leave the heads as is and the new owner will decide what to do.

If you Ebay them there is no telling how high they would go if more then 2 people want them.

With that said I would just list them and let the fun begin if that is your course of action. The Ebay value of course is different then the cash on hand value since Ebay can get people to go higher then they would normally because the Credit card empowers buyers to spend money they really do not have.

If you get a private offer from a collector that is reasonable then I would also consider that, because with Ebay and Pay Pal you have to look at the fees and an item like this will have over a hundred dollars in fees depending on what it sells for and if they use Pay Pal.

Then the fact you have to pack and ship it will be a project that you will have to charge for, so make your calculations wisely.

I hope that does not confuse you or hinder your sale in any direction, I also hope a collector gets the set.

Ohh, do not use a Buy It Now unless you need the cash in a hurry or are selling an item that you can truly value the price. Like a new VCR, for vintage collectable items it might not be wise.

I also use a reserve if I have an investment I need to get back, but most of the time I use neither and start my auctions low and that gets people into bidding. Once a person bids that almost creates a "that's my item" competition hence the higher then expected prices things can go for.

David

You probably will not get a value because we (do not):

1. Want to be wrong (Yes, because of Ebay and inflated pricing we can be wrong)

2. Hinder a private offer (Saves you a lot of headaches)

3. Under value the drums (If we set a value and you use it as your BIN on Ebay)

4. Have not seen a lot of Leedy/Ludwig sets complete like this so it is hard to value.

I went ahead and sent you a PM with what I set the value range at for those drums.

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here