Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

1950's Gretsch Set

My Dad purchased this set (1950's Gretsch) when he was early High school (used). The set has traveled from attic to attic and not been unvieled sence roughly 1979ish. I was so glad to see them look so good when I took them out this weekend. One of my son's is a natural and for his birthday desided to get my Dad's set out and put it together for him as a birthday present. Only a couple of parts I need to find....

Triangle Cymbal Brackets for bass drum

Spur Caps

Hi-Hat rubber part. (Speed King)

Any help will be huge! Thanks to all!Clapping Happy2

Posted on 14 years ago

That's more than likely going to be the best birthday gift your dad ever received! What a great idea by your son. You certainly can't find one of those in your local music store, that's for sure!

CONGRATULATIONS and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your dad and THANKS for sharing the pics of the kit!

Posted on 14 years ago

Man that is a awesome rocket lug equipped broadcaster kit. what a great great story.thank you!!!Jumping2Jumping2

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

It's his sons birthday. Even better.

Posted on 14 years ago

From mcjnic

It's his sons birthday. Even better.

I stand corrected! Thanks for pointing that out.

Either way, the good news is that the kit stays with the family!

Posted on 14 years ago

Incredible set. It's very hard to find those rocket lug sets complete.

I'm not sure what you mean my triangle brackets, but if it's the cymbal mount, there are current Gretsch ones made that fit the hole spacing of the older ones. You could probably get them and the other parts you need at Forks in Nashville.

Don't drill or modify those drums in any way (except heads...)

That's a rare and valuable kit.

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks for more info on the set guys! Bowing I haven't known much of anything about the set other then the fact it is 50's and that just based on knowing when my Dad was in high school (year wise). My son is very jazzed about having the set handed down to him to learn on and I am thrilled to see it out, my Dad quit his band when I was about 3 but still have many memories of them practicing!

Thanks again! Jump For Joy

SS467

Posted on 14 years ago

That is beautiful - some great drum history there!

I would love to see some more photos & larger file-size if you can do that & don't mind. I'm a bit of a drum photo/history collector-of information. It's just a hobby - I love all this stuff.

May favorite is Gretsch.......like what you have there.

Thanks for sharing.

And what a birthday gift......that's too cool!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here