Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

1950 WFL Buddy Rich Super Classic

Thought I might post these up to ward off the winter doldrums!

These are my 1950 WFL Buddy Rich Super Classics w/complete OEM hardware, and aluminum badges. ( the badges were a holdover from WWII ) This is the actual Buddy Rich model in that it features CHROME hardware.. ( most from this era were nickel ) .. and back then, chrome was an extra charge! ( not for Buddy though! ) Sizes are:

14X24

9X13

16X16

16X16

5.5X14 BR Super Classic snare w/P88 butt

The WMP on this set is ultra clean!, but exibits the typical fade/mellowing that we have come to know. Amazingly, they aren't real yellow, so they probably spent most their life inside and out of harmful UV. I have seen WFL's from this era that were as yellow as a heavy smoker's tooth!

Normally I grab pics from the "gig zone", but in this case, well... I gig the '65 Rogers Buddy Rich Celebrity's 99/99999% of the time, but have these set up in my drum room as my main practice set, thus they get played a LOT! They have an amazing amount of "tone" for a vintage 3 ply w/rings shell make-up. They do have that "3 ply thud" as I like to call it! Of interest:

The bass drum pedal is a WFL/Speed King and it is NOS. MINT. Never played. It still isn't played as I have all my sets set up for/with the Rogers Swivo-Matic, and these WFL's are no exception. The NOS Speed King is a beauty though! Hopefully you shall enjoy!

Tommyp

1 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

Amazing...

Posted on 11 years ago

Wowsa! What a kit!

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 11 years ago

Nice kit Tommy, as always. You're obviously very meticulous with your attention to detail, love it!

Side note: How about a clearer shot of the snare rack? Oooof-da!!

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 11 years ago

Absolutely Gorgeous set of drums! I don't think I have ever seen a nicer practice set, ever! I would be willing to bet that under stage lights, they still look bright white.

Posted on 11 years ago

Plus 1 Tommy!!!!!

Posted on 11 years ago

Tommy, I wouldn't expect anything less from you, that is one of the coolest kits I have seen in a long while! Love the hoop mounted spurs.

Posted on 11 years ago

Tommyp!

Now that the drooling has stopped...........STUNNING kit, as are all of yours that I've seen! Thanks for sharing. One question, if I may: What is the small piece which appears to be a metal piece just to the right of the cymbal mount on the bass drum? Initially I thought that it might have been the badge but I believe the badge is factory-installed in the center of the BD, correct?

Posted on 11 years ago

Tommy!

The mellowed WMP is simply gorgeous!

Mark

Posted on 11 years ago

Another beautiful kit TP !

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here