Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

1950-'53 Radio King Hollywood Ace

Bought this in 1983 as a wrapped shell with lugs, rims and muffler. After 30 years in a bubble-wrapped box, with this forums's help, it has been brought back. Had to have the snare side bracket chromed, as it came to me without any original plating (wire-brushed off), and some semi-minor ring separation.

Jim Moritz at chicagodrumandrestoration, Mark Cooper at coopervintagedrums and Joe Partridge all helped with either missing hardware, or killer advice and direction. Thanks guys! On to the next one!

1 attachments
Posted on 10 years ago

Great drum, and you had an all-star lineup of pros helping you out on this one.

I've had some great work done for me by Joe in the past.

Kevin
Posted on 10 years ago

Very nice! I have this same drum as you with the same badge etc. The difference is that the rim does not have the RK engraving on the top Rim. Apparently slingerland were a bit lack-luster with that around that time.

40's Slingerland Radio King WMP
60's Ludwig Downbeat Silver Spark
70's Ludwig Super Classic White Marine
60's Gretsch RB Champaigne Spark
70's Rogers Big R Black
90's Sonor Hilite (Red maple)
00's DW Collectors Broken Glass
00's DW Jazz Series Tangerine Glass
10's DW Collectors (Acrylic) Matt Black Wrap
10's PDP Concept Wood Hoop kit (Maple)
Proud ambassador of the British Drum Company
Posted on 10 years ago

Turned out very nice, those tension rods look very familiar !

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 10 years ago

That is a beauty. One of my absolute favorite Slingerland models. I bet she sounds fantastic!

James

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin
Posted on 10 years ago

Thanks again for the tension rods, vintagemore2000! Yours are number 7, 12 and 14 :) They said to say hi, and that I better take as good care of them as you did. I promise I will!

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here