Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

1947 Slingerland Radioking's

hello folks!

well it has been quite a while since I've been here. (2007 to be exact) I don't know what happened, and I'm quite saddened on how much I've missed through the years.

Anyways - a while back I posted a few questions about my newly purchased Slingerland Kit. DrCJW and Tommyp were VERY helpful and informative. I never really thanked you guys for your wealth of information and instruction. Over these last few years - this drums have seen a lot of gigs and have gotten MUCH praise.

Specifically,

Tommyp, Your knowledge on "drum whitening" was very helpful and I was able to get my drums to the finish I envisioned in my head.

DrCJW, I purchased the 16x16 matching floor tom from you. THANK YOU. I don't believe I ever told you - thank you. It has been FABULOUS.

Anyways - I thought I would jump back into things. I have attached two photos, Before and After. Let me know what you think!

2 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

yeah these guys give you the warm and fuzzies. just good people who love drums. beautiful kit by the way. the reso kick head is a great touch. classy.

"Time fly's like an arrow. fruit fly's like a banana"
Posted on 14 years ago

What do I think? I think you need to let me "borrow" your kit for the week-end. I promise to return it. Sure I do!LoLoLoLo

Absolutely stunning!Clapping Happy2

What a difference in the bass drum wrap in the "before" and "after" pics! All three pieces really match well.

BTW............If you don't mind me asking, who did the reso head on the bass drum? It just screams "vintage".

THANKS for sharing!

Posted on 14 years ago

As long as you have her back by midnight, of course! ;)

I am very pleased at how well the drums match each other.

The reso head was painted by a friend of mine, a student at Center For Creative Studies in Detroit. This summer I will be building a new kit, and she will definitely be doing the art for that reso as well!

Posted on 14 years ago

beautiful radio king kit!!!!! white marine pearl it's so classy!!! they match very well now!!Cool1Clapping Happy2

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here