Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

1940s LUDWIG & LUDWIG KIT

Just finished this Ludwig & Ludwig Kit, which I recently purchased. The kit consists of a 24" x 16" Ludwig & Ludwig bass drum, 9" x 13" Ludwig & Ludwig rack tom, 6" x 14" Ludwig & Ludwig snare drum and 16" x 14" inch Leedy floor tom.

All the L&L drums have "4904" stamped on the inner shells. The bass drum & rack tom have the L&L Elkhart, Indiana Badge, while the snare drum has L&L Elkhart, Indiana engraved on the batter side rim.

All the L&L drums also have their original Ludwig Whitecalf heads on them.

Gotta love the dual cowbells & wooden block assembly!

When I purchased the kit it was missing some original hardware (rims clips, t-rods, rims, etc.), which I was fortunate enough to obtain to keep this one "all original."

The original WMP wrap on the Leedy floor tom is a surprisingly close match to that on the L&L pieces. I can only guess that it was purchased at the same time and used as part of the kit through all these years.

It's normally my position that WMP never "yellows", it simply "mellows." However, this one has definitely crossed the line. I guess I'd have to call it "mellow yellow" (LOL)!

THANKS for looking!

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

From OldSchool

It's normally my position that WMP never "yellows", it simply "mellows." However, this one has definitely crossed the line. I guess I'd have to call it "mellow yellow" (LOL)!

"Quite Rightly"

Posted on 15 years ago

Beautiful set, Nice find, and enjoy them.

Bowing

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]WOW....I am glad it fell into appreciative and appropriate hands.

WOW...the whole damn kit, including the stands and even the old-school sock cymbals !!! Hehehehe...amazing...seriously a once-in-a- lifetime find ! [/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]BTW, post a closeup of the FT leg mounts somewhere here...they look mighty unusual...[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Very nice! I only wish I could come across something like this. Here in the bread basket, there just don't seem to be any old goodies around. I'm sure they exist, you just don't see them here.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 15 years ago

ALL: Thanks for the positive feedback. I truly appreciate it!

Jaye: I've attached a few pics of the Leedy floor tom mounts, per your request.

Posted on 15 years ago

Ah Yeah... That's fine

fishwaltz
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here