Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

1940's Gretsch Broadcaster Snare

I'd like to hear from the group on this:

Please give details on 1940's Grestch Broadcaster Snare Drums (wood)

- Were they issued without Gretsch badges?

- What is approx. value for one with all the right parts?

Thanks'

Michael

Keep on Pl

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

I'd like to hear from the group on this:Please give details on 1940's Grestch Broadcaster Snare Drums (wood) - Were they issued without Gretsch badges?- What is approx. value for one with all the right parts?Thanks'MichaelKeep on Pl

I've never seen a Broadkaster without a round badge .

Value of course depends upon condition and finish . Any pics ?

1963 Gretsch Progressive Jazz Champagne Sparkle
1967 Ludwig Super Classic Oyster Blue Pearl
Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute Burgundy Spkl. bop
etc...
Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

I've never seen a Broadkaster without a round badge . Valle of course depends upon condition and finish . Any pics ?

from M Stephan: No pics yet - will post when I available.

Posted on 17 years ago

Hello,

I had a mystery drum that I thought was a Broadkaster but a few things were different. My drum did not have a badge either, just an air hole with no gromet. My strainer and muffler, which were original to the drum, were not like the broadkaster and the shell on my drum was unusually thick. However it still had rocket lugs which made me think it was related to a Gretsch. After some investigating, I read that Walberg and Auge used rocket lugs (and other Gretch components on later models) on some of their drums. Is your shell unusually thick compared to standard Gretsch shells?

Cheers!

Posted on 17 years ago

hi ccootsona -

Ya know, your info, is really great - names I hadn't heard - and your question about the shell is dead on! But, I haven't seen the drum, yet. The seller has has no computer - and can't send pics? Lame

So, if, and when, I see it, I'll be ready and waiting. I'll certainly look at the thickness of the shell. I thought twice when I heard it didn't have a badge, which is why I posed the question.

Glad I did so!

Cool

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here