Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

1940 Ludwig & Ludwig standard snare need parts

I just bought a 1940 Ludwig & Ludwig standard snare 3 ply. It's missing the tension knob and the plate it attaches too that the snare chord ties too on the 3 point strainer. Also I need the muffler tension knob only. I bought the Gibraltar vintage reissue 3 point strainer but the holes to not exactly line up. I contacted AK drums but they no longer have any left nor are in production of these strainers at this time. Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this, if not I apologize.

thanks

I'm in San Diego

Posted on 5 years ago

You have the hard to find parts. It's entirely possible that the slide you are missing is the exact same slide as on a 40's pioneer strainer. Same with the butt ends. Don't just search for that one particular if the same slide is used on several other strainers.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 5 years ago

There are several members on here that can confirm that off the top of their head. Patience.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 5 years ago

The 90 degree outward bend on the bottom of this slide seems to be specific to this model because it angles for the extended snare wires.

Thanks OddBall I will check Pioneer and other models like Leedy as well.

Posted on 5 years ago
Action Another action Something else here