Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

1940 (ish) Slingerland Snare

Craigslist + payday = poor and happy!

My latest addition . As far as I can tell by the badge, a '37-'43 Slingerland 7x14 duco snare, plus the rest of an old player's kit...

Mid sixties 14x20 single tension bass, 9x13 tom (both Slingerland), and a (I'm assuming) 40's 14x16 WFL floor tom with Zephyr lugs, all in a blue/silver duco.

There was also a bunch of old hardware, more of the snare's era (hoop mounted bass legs and hoop mounted bass mute), a Ludwig/Paiste Standard and Paiste Stanople hi hat, and an 18" Zildjian A medium ride. I'll post pics of that pile once it's in some semblance of order. To get it all purdy and clean will take some serious time and elbow grease, but to set it up in the corner and play will take just a few minutes! (If I can find an empty corner.)

Posted on 15 years ago

Very nice! Do you have a pic of the floor tom? Would love to see that!

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 15 years ago

Your WFL ears perked up at that??? I'm gonna clean the rest of the set up a little before I take pics...the floor tom is actually the one hurting the most, as the duco didn't hold up well at all. The lugs look like they were never chromed or finished (which sort of makes wartime sense), so they're pretty dull too. Along the way, someone also drilled for legs (grrrrrrrrrrrrr). I'm only assuming the holes aren't original, as the guy I bought the kit from said it came with a cradle type holder for it (which is in his garage somewhere). Pics will soon follow.

Troy

Posted on 15 years ago

Looks cool.

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here