Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

1930's slingerland black /gold duco radio king kit

this slingerland black/gold duco radio king kit consist of (2) 14x28 bass drums, the one on the right is solid maple not plied shell, 9x13 and 12x14 toms and (2)16x16 floor toms one is a 50's model, and 7x14 radio king solid maple shell most of this kit was used and owned by one of bill monroe's drummers at the grand ole opry, it took me 2 years to restore it, hope you like it, thanks ,mark

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Niiiiiiiiiiice

Posted on 14 years ago

From tillerva

Niiiiiiiiiiice

THANK YOU THEY HAVE MAJOR ,MAJOR MOJO!!!, IT IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVS, I HAVE PLAYED LIVE WITH IT A FEW TIMES, ONCE WHILE PLAYING THE CLUB OWNER WENT AND GOT HIS FATHER, BROUGHT HIM TO THE CLUB, THE MAN WAS 94 YEARS OLD AND HE STARTED TO CRY HE WAS AN ORIGINAL SLINGERLAND BANJO CO EMPLOYEE, HE TOLD ME MY KIT MIGHT HAVE BEEN ONE THAT HE ORIGINALY PAINTED, IT WAS JUST A GREAT THING, THIS KIT SOUNDS FANTASTIC, THANK YOU, MARK

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

beautiful drums!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

The stories/provenance that go with the drums are really great-

Posted on 14 years ago

Holy crap, those are so Smithsonian-worthy (but better you play them). Beautiful kit from a by-gone era. Just amazing and the provenance is just as special.

Vintage Drum Fan (Not a Guru)
Posted on 14 years ago

I had the good fortune to see these a few days ago in the flesh. Really gorgeous.

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

From vintagemore2000

this slingerland black/gold duco radio king kit consist of (2) 14x28 bass drums, the one on the right is solid maple not plied shell, 9x13 and 12x14 toms and (2)16x16 floor toms one is a 50's model, and 7x14 radio king solid maple shell most of this kit was used and owned by one of bill monroe's drummers at the grand ole opry, it took me 2 years to restore it, hope you like it, thanks ,mark

JUST ADDING A FEW MORE PICS, THANKS

Posted on 14 years ago

Uncle!! I swear that kit should be kept in a environmentally-controlled, glass enclosure. Time capsules! Those "ginormous" (I have young kids) kick drums are a sight to behold; kinda' remind me of the ones used by the drummer from "Mother's Finest" (BB Queen?, or something like that). Huuuuuuuge!! And, awesome.

Vintage Drum Fan (Not a Guru)
Posted on 14 years ago

Carmine Appice comes to mind here.....not sure 100% why....LOL!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here