Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

1929 ludwig & ludwig new era-sensitive snare drums

HI,.

Here are some rare and very rare 1929 Ludwig & Ludwig New Era-Sensitive models. This model was only seen in the 1929 Ludwig Drummer magazine. From what I’ve seen and from those that I have consulted with it looks like this model was very short lived, 1929-1930.

A little bit of New Era-Sensitive minutia here:

1.The engraved/stamped New Era-Sensitive was applied to the top rim. The engraved NES is considered 1929 while the stamped NES is most likely 1930.

2. The 1929 Ludwig Drummer lists the choice of finishes as Metal, Mahogany, Peacock Pearl and Avalon Pearl (WMP).

I have been able to find a few other finishes that are not common but were still available to this model:

1.DeLuxe/engraved metal shell.

2.Black Lacquer/faux inlay (decal).

3. Streaked Opal.

Final thoughts:

I have seen a Lavender Pearl NES (The owner didn’t want to sell it to me). These drums have been in my collection for many years but a belated thank you to John Aldridge for helping to score the DeLuxe/engraved NES and the Black Lacquer/faux inlay NES and a belated thank you to Dana Bentley (Bentley’s Drums) for selling me the Streaked Opal NES.

Feel free to contact me if you have or know of any other New Era-Sensitives in different finishes…mike@curottodrums.com

Enjoy!

Mike Curotto

Posted on 1 year ago

Great collection.

Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here