Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

1928-34 SLINGERLAND 4x14 TONE FLANGE/ARTGOLD ARTIST MODELS

Hi,

I haven’t been able to find any new/old snares lately so here’s some cool and rare 4 x 14 Slingerland *Tone Flange* Artist Models from my collection. In my 28 years of collecting I have only seen three of these 4 x 14 Artist Tone Flange models. Common logic has to be that there are more of these out there so feel free to send me photos/stories of your 4 x 14 TFs.

TONE FLANGE HISTORY:

On page 7 of the 1928 Slingerland catalog (see photo) there is a paragraph that introduces “The SLINGERLAND Patented Tone Flange drum…”

On page 131 of Rob Cook’s SLINGERLAND BOOK (see photo) you will see some Tone Flanges and the TFs that I have reproduced. So far I have come across three variations of TFs: 1. Solid brass 2. Solid brass with holes 3. Aluminum with holes. My good friend and fellow collector Joe Luoma astutely pointed out the idea -- as a possible cost-cutting factor -- the earliest sold brass TFs were followed by the TFs with holes and finally the aluminum TFs with holes…less weight = less expense. Makes sense to me.

1928-34 SLINGERLAND 4 x 14 *BRILLIANT GOLD* TONE FLANGE/ARTGOLD ARTIST MODEL

*Called SPARKLING GOLD after 1929*

1928-34 SLINGERLAND 4 x 14 SEA GREEN TONE FLANGE/ARTGOLD ARTIST MODEL

1928-34 SLINGERLAND 4 x 14 TONE FLANGE/ARTGOLD *FANCHER* ARTIST MODEL

*FRANK S. FANCHER was a world champion rudimental drummer and a Slingerland endorser*

As some of you know I like sets of snare drums so I’ll end with a family portrait of the 4 x 14, 5 x 14 and 6.5 x 14 Sea Green Tone Flange Artist Models.

Enjoy!

Mike Curotto

Posted on 1 year ago

A few more....

Mike Curotto

Posted on 1 year ago

It may just be MY opinion (which I doubt), but those are some of the most beautiful drums in your collection....and that's saying something! I don't know, man...looking at your collection is like visiting the inside of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory for a fat kid!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 1 year ago

Mike, I'm sure you've been asked this before, but IF you had to pick your personal favorite of all the drums in your collection, then what would it be?

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 1 year ago

From O-Lugs

Mike, I'm sure you've been asked this before, but IF you had to pick your personal favorite of all the drums in your collection, then what would it be?

I've been asked this a lot. I just can't pick one, it's impossible, can I pick my favorite 100?

Mike Curotto

Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here