Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

1920s temple block setup, need info, where's the mounts?

Guys,.. need some knowledgeable help here!...

I bought a set of really nice temple blocks and they came mounted to a flat rail with NO signs of any type o mounting hardware as to mount the to the bass drum's hoop or a trap table,... so I'm REALLY perplexed as to how the heck they mounted?

The mounts look to be W&A,... with no markings.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

My camera is not working,.... however, this is the exact same set I have now (photo for reference only)

[IMG]http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/8/3/7/4/1/9/webimg/359102208_o.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/8/3/7/4/1/9/webimg/359102167_o.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 14 years ago

Glad, You got them..If i recall right these would be mounted on a floor stand but the flat rod maybe the wrong rod..If you were going to mount the off the bass drum table the rods would be a L-shape rods for each block..Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

From MIKEY777

Glad, You got them..If i recall right these would be mounted on a floor stand but the flat rod maybe the wrong rod..If you were going to mount the off the bass drum table the rods would be a L-shape rods for each block..Mikey

Yeah see the weird thing is,... this is the second time I saw those same mounting brackets attached to a flat rod like that. The flat rod on my set looks like there are two points at which there is the same wear pattern,..as if something slid onto the flat rod or something to attach them to yet another piece of mounting hardware?? maybe??

Otherwise, those individual mounts to the temple blocks have no area for the round vertical rods often seen that mount off the trap tables. Heck there's not even enough room to drill a hole in the top of the back of those mounts and mount them to the rods off of a trap table! (I had briefly thought about doing so,.. but did not want to ruin the mounts!)

Posted on 14 years ago

Let me check my old catalogs later today.But,I also have seem the blocks mounted off the edge of a table on the bass drum with C-champs at each end..Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

From MIKEY777

Let me check my old catalogs later today.But,I also have seem the blocks mounted off the edge of a table on the bass drum with C-champs at each end..Mikey

I've seen the rails that you have mentioned to me where there are small arms with C-clamp type of mounts from the rail to the drum hoop,... this is definitely NOT that same setup. This little rail is just a flat piece of metal, about 1/2" wide and 1/8" thick. No holes in it, nothing.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here