Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

1920s NOB

Here is a drum I got yesterday off CL for $75. There are no identifying marks anywhere. I think it is Ludwig. Heavy 2 piece brass shell and the edge flanges fold back to the shell and are soldered. The only strange thing is the width of the edge flange. It is only about 3/16" wide. I have a couple of other 20s Ludwigs and the edge seems wider on those. No throw at all. probably had a hoop mounted one. No holes in the shell for one either. What Ludwig throw would be correct? I'm going to mount a throw on the shell so I can play it. Has anyone seen these kind of edges on other Luddys? Will post pics when I'm done fixing it up.

2 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

Hard to tell what you have there. There were several different companies using a basic NOB shell like that. It definately is not the same shell as the 20's/30's L&L Standards (heavy two piece brass shells). I think you are correct on the hoop mounted t.o.

Posted on 14 years ago

i have the exact same drum and am equally interested in figuring this out. some additional info on mine:

-you are correct, I have the throwoff and it's attached to the top hoop via two screws.

-came with gut snares

-shell is NOB, two piece welded

-top hoop is steel, not brass (checked it with a magnet)

-no markings at all, not even on the hoops.

That's all I know. Anyone else have any expertise on this drum?

thanks-

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here