Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

1920's ludwig snare black paint??

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me with this one. I bought a ludwig 1020's era universal snare that is painted black on the shell and rims. Could this be from the factory - origional? or was it painted after. If someone could help me I would appriciate it. Thanks!

Added note: Under the black paint appears to be niclke plating. The inside of the drum is black as well.

1 attachments
Posted on 17 years ago

Yes, they were Ludwig's "Inspirational" models which came with black nickle shells...

Posted on 17 years ago

Hi, Thankyou for your response regarding the post "Ludwig 1920'2 universal snare black paint?". I just wanted to make sure that I was clear in my discription that I posted. The drum I have appears to be nickle plated underneath from the areas that the paint peeled. But is clearly a form of either enamel or lacuer paint on top. The black is not plated, though looks like a factory finish and is black on the inside. Would this still be the inspirational model? Thanks,for your help. Regards,Mike

Posted on 17 years ago

Yes, the student models such as yours was just black paint..

Posted on 17 years ago

Thankyou very much for your help. I appriciate it. PS: Do you think it may be worth more in black?

Posted on 17 years ago

A bit, but not that much..

Posted on 17 years ago

Thankyou for all your help.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here