Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

1920s LUDWIG & LUDWIG PEACOCK PEARL SNARE DRUMS

NB: Sorry, for some reason this site does not let my photos post right side up...any suggestions would help as this only happens here.

HI,

In my early days of collecting I was drawn to engraved DeLuxes (Black Beauties) and out of the ordinary finishes. One of my favorite 1920s-30s finishes is Ludwig & Ludwig’s Peacock Pearl. Over the years I have tried to collect as many different “runs” of this finish. The following is what I have collected as of this writing. There are a few standouts that I will explain later in the article.

Some history of Peacock Pearl taken from Rob Cook’s THE LUDWIG BOOK page 153:

“Ludwig cataloged Peacock Pearl from 1928 to 1932. The author has further broken that down to “Peacock I” (1928-30) and “Peacock II” (1930-32). Peacock II is the same finish that Leedy called Rainbow Pearl. To further complicate matters, Ludwig did not have a finish called Rainbow Pearl but did catalog an outfit of Lavender Pearl drums which they named the Rainbow Pearl kit.”

A few out-of-the-ordinary models are a 6.5 x 14 solid maple/DeLuxe Super-Sensitive and a 6.5 x 15 Super-Ludwig.

I have also added for comparison a photo of two Leedy Rainbow Pearl snare drums and to further add to the Peacock Pearl/Rainbow Pearl word soup I have also included a photo of a Slingerland Opal Pearl (1929-38) snare drum that, as you can see, looks like all the others.

As always, I welcome your comments and your photos of this classic finish.

Enjoy!

Mike Curotto

[email]mike@curottodrums.com[/email]

Posted on 1 year ago

Hey Mike! Nice snares - I did have the programmer add the little blue paperclip for when you need to crop "Rotate" and fix images. It is a little different. You have to do one at a time :) BUT you can now rotate images.

1. Click Blue Paper Clip

2. (Choose Image File)

3. Use the Rotate Button (Or any button for editing)

4. Click The Green "Crop" Button

5. Click The Green Insert Attachment

DONE - now do that for each image you want to edit. And they should all be correct. Can you re-post this here and test it for me? I would greatly appreciate it.

[Attachment: 137769]

[Attachment: 137771]

Posted on 1 year ago

Beautiful....Thanks Mike.

BLAEMIRE DRUMS
Thanks to Mr. Jerry Jenkins
Posted on 1 year ago

Spectacular !!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here