Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.06681%

18 inch Zildjian A Large Stamp identification

From Drumaholic

Mid 1950's.Whose article was it ?

From a William Hartrick article (that i heard was inaccurate anyways)

The next grouping of trademarkphotos are what I call the “largestamps”. These were a full 1-3/4” tall.In this first example the letters“Zildjian Co.” are hollowed out inblock style lettering. This is what I callthe Type I large stamp.There was another version of thistrademark (not pictured) that differedonly in that the words “Zildjian Co.”were not block letters but instead thinlines. This is the one that I call a TypeII large stamp.

i must have read the 54 thing from an amateur post somewhere and it didnt make sense to me because i have never really read people time-lining down to an exact year. Although i heard that Hartrick's article was inaccurate or something like that, it lead me to believe that my cymbal was 50s even though most people have posts of 50s stamps that dont look like that and dont have those 3 dots on such a large 1 3/4' stamp.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH Drumaholic!

are these stamps anymore rare than other 50s? i dont seem to see many pics of them (even that article doesnt have a pick for the "Type II large stamp"

Cheers lads, i got a gig this Monday and im excited to resurrect my WFL cymbal mount on my bass and save like 10lbs on schlepping hardwear. The cymbal mount will hold up this cymbal because i use it as a crash and ride.

Posted on 14 years ago

From MbbW

From a William Hartrick article (that i heard was inaccurate anyways) i must have read the 54 thing from an amateur post somewhere and it didnt make sense to me because i have never really read people time-lining down to an exact year. Although i heard that Hartrick's article was inaccurate or something like that, it lead me to believe that my cymbal was 50s even though most people have posts of 50s stamps that dont look like that and dont have those 3 dots on such a large 1 3/4' stamp. THANK YOU VERY MUCH Drumaholic! are these stamps anymore rare than other 50s? i dont seem to see many pics of them (even that article doesnt have a pick for the "Type II large stamp"Cheers lads, i got a gig this Monday and im excited to resurrect my WFL cymbal mount on my bass and save like 10lbs on schlepping hardwear. The cymbal mount will hold up this cymbal because i use it as a crash and ride.

Yes, you're quite right. That "Hartrick" article is inaccurate.

In fact don't pay any attention to anything that Hartrick guy says. He's full of it, and a he's just big time trouble maker.

I know 100 times more than that A-Hole does....even on my worst day.

Posted on 14 years ago

Great.......

When will I learn to put down my drink when reading posts on this forum?

Now I have to clean up the coffee I just splattered on my keyboard and monitor.

Posted on 14 years ago

From Batterhead

Great.......When will I learn to put down my drink when reading posts on this forum?Now I have to clean up the coffee I just splattered on my keyboard and monitor.

I haven't learned either.... getting better though.

There's a great time to be had here for sure.

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

I wouldnt have brought it up if i knew it would boil blood, but i guess sometimes i like to watch blood boil. Dare I ask what caused such animosity?

Posted on 14 years ago

OK Kev....you want to do it? Or should I? I mean you DO have the well earned seniority.

What the heck, I'm here..

MbbW,

No animosity at all! Sorry if it came off that way.

But, I DO suggest you go back and carefully re-read that William Hartrick article.

Then come back here and peruse your way through this thread again.

Posted on 14 years ago

OMG if i only noticed the email listed below the authors name. :o:o:o

Whos the A-hole now eh? Sorry man!

Posted on 14 years ago

From Batterhead

OK Kev....you want to do it? Or should I? I mean you DO have the well earned seniority.

I've got a lot of posts, that's all.

I have a pin head sized amount of vintage knowledge compared to most on this forum.

Just another bozo on the bus, man !

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here