Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

17 WFL Bass Drum

WFL Mahogany tennor drum 17X12 converted to a bass.

Reasons why this drum is pretty special.

1. This drum was part of a Shriners Band equipment sale and from a tiny town where from the looks of it, it was very unused. No scratches, or rust or pitting. The edges and seams are perfect, no splitting or lifting. The tension rods spin smoothly so that you can tighten with your fingers, no sticky or catchy lugs(hate that in older used drums)

2. Vintage 3 ply shells. The sound is warm and full. The mahogany combined with the calfskin is amazingly big sounding.

3. I spent plenty of time and money creating custom all maple Bass hoops with a pewter glass glitter that I matched to go well with the sort of ginger color of the drum. Added bass claws and longer tension rods. The look is great and pictures hardly do it justice.

So with this drum, you get the option of using it as a 17 tom or a bass. It comes with the original canvas case for $40 I will include a new plush soft sided case.

The price is firm at 500. plus shipping

Before you ask, I did try to create a sound file but my cheap phone recording did not sound anything like the actual sound and I did not want to post that. So sorry.

But Carter Mcleans 17wfl video posted here sounds very close, mine is just a little lower sounding as he has Coated Ambassadors where I have calf.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvUBV6M_IsQ"]1948 WFL 12x17" Bass Drum demo - YouTube[/ame]

Posted on 4 years ago
Posted on 4 years ago

Beautiful drum. I'm a big fan of this size. GLWS.

Mike

Posted on 4 years ago

Looks great, very nice interior too! GLWSCool1Clapping Happy2

Ludwig '67 Classic B.D.P.
Ludwig '79 Classic Pro-beat
C. A. F. '72 New Sonic "The Argentinean Ludwig"
A bunch of Ludwig snares..... + Dyna & P.Tone.

and always trying to recover some orphan drums!!
Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here