Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

16" 7 lug hoop?!

Hey everyone!

I'm new to the Vintage drum forum. Figured this would be the best place for me to ask this question.

I have an old 68' (possibly earlier) Pearl Red Glass Glitter Deluxe kit. 14x22 bass, 9x13 tom, 16x16 floor tom, and a 5.5x14 snare matching. It has a few pieces missing. The most unusual thing I've seen from this kit is that is has a 16in Floor tom with 7 lugs. (That's right 7 lugs.) Never thought in my life I'd ever see it but I guess they had to make one.... Big problem is I've yet to have found one for sale. I have one for the batter side. But the resonant side is missing. I'm also looking for screws to fit in the old floor tom leg brackets, one silver script badge, and a matching bass hoop. Those are missing as well.

Anyone got any ideas?

Posted on 13 years ago

Best bet for now is to locate a 16" single-flange hoop and some rim hooks,like from a 50's marching drum.Then again-Mikey 777 might have one.I had a 7-lug drum but sold it quick.Was in bad shape,not worth the effort.

Posted on 13 years ago

I have a similar floor tom. Did not count the lug when I bought it. The top and bottom rimes had two slightly different inside diameters as well. QC was not up to snuff that day!! Kind of a crappy drum, but the wrap matches and old MIJ kit I already have. Getting a single flanged rim would likely cost more than the drum is worth, but thats your call.

Posted on 13 years ago

I have a feeling that finding that 16" 7-lug hoop would be like finding a needle in a haystack! I recently picked up a used Sound Percussion kit at a local thrift store for $25. The bargain of the day! 20x14 6-lug bass, 12x8 4-lug tom and a cool 15x13 5-lug floor tom! I was very fortunate that all the tom hoops were in very good condition, as I knew I'd most likely not be able to find replacements. BTW, that 5-lug floor tom rocks!

Posted on 13 years ago

From idrum4fun

I have a feeling that finding that 16" 7-lug hoop would be like finding a needle in a haystack! I recently picked up a used Sound Percussion kit at a local thrift store for $25. The bargain of the day! 20x14 6-lug bass, 12x8 4-lug tom and a cool 15x13 5-lug floor tom! I was very fortunate that all the tom hoops were in very good condition, as I knew I'd most likely not be able to find replacements. BTW, that 5-lug floor tom rocks!

The 12" 4 hole rims and the 15" 5 holes rims are easy to fine you can get them from SunLite drums...Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

I think I have that same drum but in a silver/gold?(yellowed)sparkle.Like you I only have 1 rim (no head either)....But the rest is in great shape.BUT!!mine measures about 15 1/2" across and finding a head looks IMPOSSIBLE??I may just get rid of it I am thinking?

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here