Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

15x12 slingerland tom?

i have an old slingerland set i just picked up. it had been stored most of its life and the entire set is completely original. not a single modification, in fact the toms still have the original heads and doubt anyone has ever seen the inside of the drums until i got them.

question is about the floor tom. it is a 15x12. seems to me to be an odd size. i know they made snares that size, but this is a factory made floor tom. is this a real rarity or have you seen this before?

the inside of the f tom has the date stamped on it 65, and a big letter "T" obviously meaning "tom" as opposed[IMG]http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx109/ludwig-supraphonic/IMGP2292.jpg[/IMG] to snare, i guess?

Posted on 14 years ago

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that is a tenor drum, if it has no snare beds.

Maybe it was ordered to go with the set. It's not, as you know, a cataloged size for a kit.

Possibly started out as a Jam Session, and had the "floor" added early on.

looks like it has wing screws for the leg mounts... '65 might be a bit early for that. So, the shell was built in '65, and converted later on.

Maybe ??

Or it's a "Monday" drum.... or a new guy grabbed the wrong shell and they let it go..... or Mcjnic's cat was working that day..... so many variables.....

I bet they sound great !!

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here