Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

14" Rogers Floor Tom

Just purchased what is supposed to be a Dayton 14" floor tom. The inside paper label is clearly Dayton, but the finish is the grey/granite........grey with white specs.

The gentlemen I bought this from asserted that there was a transition period between Dayton and Fullerton where the "grey with white speckles" where being applied in Ohio.

Anybody got any documentation to support their claim?

Thanks

Ed

Posted on 7 years ago

Although I can't point to a Dayton drum in my current arsenal, it is my experience that there are just as many Dayton speckled drums as there are Dayton solid gray, perhaps more.

I don't recall if there is a history timeline that claims that the paint change occurred after the Cleveland/Dayton tag change, the CBS buyout, or sometime after that, but before the move to Fullerton.

Check this thread:

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=55570

John/Levelpebble

Tama Superstar 81 Aqua bop
Rogers Cleveland BDP (x2), Silver bop, Champagne, Black/Gold Duco, WMP, Blue sparkle; Dayton Red Onyx;
Camco Oaklawn 12 14 20 5x14 Tuxedo WMP
LW 59 SC Blue Sparkle, WMP
WFL Gold Sparkle SC, WMP Compacto
Gretsch 49/50 Broadkaster WMP
Fibes Copper Forte
Remo MasterEdge Bop, Gold Crown, Mondo
Slingerland Conway Black Satin
70's MIJ Del Ray, my first and fav ok I'm lying here
Way Too Many Snares, She Says
Posted on 7 years ago

From Skiball69

Just purchased what is supposed to be a Dayton 14" floor tom. The inside paper label is clearly Dayton, but the finish is the grey/granite........grey with white specs. The gentlemen I bought this from asserted that there was a transition period between Dayton and Fullerton where the "grey with white speckles" where being applied in Ohio. Anybody got any documentation to support their claim?ThanksEd

Ed,

He is correct..

66/67 is flat grey..late 68 to 70 Dayton is speckled..

Then late 70..is Fullerton..

Cleveland 14" is big bucks..

Dayton speckled interior are less..

Dayton grey seem to demand more then the later speckled.

Bop iT / Til U Drop iT.

ROGER's
1964 Cleveland,.18/14/12 in WMP
1966 Cleveland, 20/14/12 O'natural.
Fullerton,...20/16/13/12 Silver Glass

WFL
1957 B/R Super Classics In WMP

Snares..
Wood & COB Powertones,
Wood & COB Dynasonics,
57 Jazz Festival

Zildjian avedis cymbals.