[FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="3"]OK... dilemma here.

My goal is to end up with two Ludwig 3 ply clear interior kits. One would be a Pro Beat (13,14,16,18,24) and the other a Downbeat (12,14,20 not sure if it had a different name in the 73 catalog)

So... I have found the 13,16,18, and 24 shells separately (assorted black & white cortex) and purchased a 70's 3ply clear interior set consisting of:

6,8,12,& 14" concert toms

12 x 15" double headed tom

16x16 FT (Keystone badge, but clear interior)

14x20 BD

Now...this is not a set up or config I could play with personally, but I scored it for $700! Apparently it was from the original owner who bought it in the mid 70's from a music store who had it configured like this for whatever reason. Weird set up to me, and for the sellers story who knows...but hey...

Anyhow... both projects will be players kits for myself. One powerhouse rock type kit which will be recovered (converting the 14" to a double headed tom unless advised otherwise), and one jazz/jobber kit being left in Sky Blue Pearl(converting the 12" to a double headed tom, keeping the 20" BD, finding a 14x14 Sky Blue 3 ply and selling off the 16" FT, and of course the 6", 8", and 15".)

So the quesions at hand are:

Pro Beat Project-

1) Should I consider trying to find a 10x14? I look every day for these shells and they are getting scarce. Also given the Ebay "Bonham Curse" on this size shell most have been ridiculously priced! (on a related ebay vent... anyone selling a 90's 10" green sparkle Ludwig who key words "Bonham" should be fined. Ha!)

2) What would the estimated value of this size concert tom in it's original state be?

3) At the end of the day dollars to doughnuts is it more advantageous all around to just re-drill for the larger lugs, fill the holes from the original small lugs, and drill for the bottom lugs, have it recovered and call it a done piece?

3) Does anyone out there even buy concert toms with the intention of playing them as such? Ha.

Downbeat Project-

1) The bass drum is factory drilled for a center tom post. Was mounting a choice of the buyer in this configuration, or would it more than likely have had a rail consolette from the factory? Does the post mount reduce the value/desirability?

2) Does the conversion of the 12" concert tom to a double headed tom drastically reduce the value even if left the original finish? If the answer is yes would I be safe to recover the entire the kit being that I would have already reduced the value by drilling the 12"??

Greatly appreciated guys as per usual![/SIZE][/FONT]