Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

14 inch 8 hole Snare Side Slingerland COS fits too tight

Hi Dr. I just recently purchased a 70's 14 inch COS 8 hole Slingerland Snare side Rimshot-AKA-StickSaver Hoop that fits too tight on the bottom batter head. Is this very common for 70's Slingerland COS Snare side Hoops? I examined the Hoop for any out of roundness etc... and there does not seem to be any at all, I may have to look again, but the hoop just fits too tight. Any ideas what I should do to correct this problem? Any info would be great. Thanks. Phil Cormier Fitchburg, Mass 01420

Posted on 17 years ago

[COLOR="Navy"]Phil:

No, that would not be a common occurrence. If you are sure the hoop is in round then most modern heads would normally fit. However - what it is is what it is. Perhaps simply trying other snare heads and brands might help. Individual head manufacturers have their own collar profiles, and in some cases they vary quite a bit. Contemporary Aquarian and Evans collars are distinctly different, for example, from Remo. Generally they all fit modern hoops, but even so there can be variances. A few years ago Pearl had to change a die for their cast hoops because the fit with Remo heads was too tight.

DrCJW[/COLOR]

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here