Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

12 x 8 WMP w/flat bearing edges & no badge

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 17 years ago

Ran out of room with the pictures. As you can see by the photos, the wrap is tucked under the ply of the drum. I am assuming that it's mahogany with maple reinforcement. There is five lugs per side and they are opposite of each other, not staggered. What I am trying to figure out is the dicoloration around the three small screws, looks as if there was some sort of badge, I don't see what else could be there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Help

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 17 years ago

I had a '30s WFL with 5 lugs per side and no bearing edges. That drum looks like a WFL with one of their versions of their zephyr lug.

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

I had a '30s WFL with 5 lugs per side and no bearing edges. That drum looks like a WFL with one of their versions of their zephyr lug.

Do you have any idea what the three nut and bolts are in picture #1? The don't seem to be doing anything, unless that was for a muffler. Any idea on where or if they had a badge?

Thanks for the earlier info.....

Posted on 17 years ago

I'd guess that the 3 bolts are for a tom mount...there was a common type that had a piece that would mount on the tom that was atttached to a piece that clamped onto the bass drum hoop. There might be a faint impression of a half circle under those bolts.

My WFL had a badge, but it was a different model. Go to this forum and post a question about your drum there...there's a resident WFL expert there that may help.

http://www.drumforum.org/

Posted on 17 years ago

I got curious, so I did some "research" for you...the three holes may be for a key holder.

http://www.drumforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=12084

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

I got curious, so I did some "research" for you...the three holes may be for a key holder.http://www.drumforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=12084

Rich,

If you ever make it to Riverside, California, I owe you a cold one. Thanks for the "research". I think you're right about the 3 holes being for a key holder.

By the way, nice kit in the picture for DrumForum......

Best Regards,

Gary

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here