Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

10 inch add-ons

I just stumbled upon Jon Peterson's gorgeous Premier kit featuring a 10 inch (that I believe is an add-on). I have 2 10 inch projects in process for 2 MIJs (pics coming later this year).

Have any of your guys here added 10 inchers to their MIJs, which I don't think ever came with them?

If so, please post some pics----would be fun to looksy looksy here! BTW, using the correct lugs (perhaps should be a pre-requisit).

John

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 12 years ago

WOW - did I offend some or something? Maybe nobody seems to be doing this with their 12/14/20 MIJs out there???!!!?!?!?!? I did not expect a huge response on this, but certainly did not expect NO response.

I'm not trying to 'de-vintagize' my kits, just like to have that 10 incher (5 piece instead of the 4 pc).

I will post pics when I finish these projects.

John

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

Posted on 12 years ago

Hey John! Great idea for a thread....obscure, but could be really fun!

I recently came across this auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Vintage-RED-Sparkle-PEARL-10-Floor-Tom-Drum-NR-/300653801644?pt=Vintgae_Drums_Percussion&hash=item46005cf0ac#ht_500wt_1054

....and was surprised to discover such a tom...that appeared to be quite old - back in the day when Pearl was still making lugs like that. I wonder if any guys on here could shed some light on that tom and on when 10inch toms started becoming available on MIJ kits. Maybe this auctioned tom was never part of a kit, rather a concert tom???

Nice to meet you.....

Ernie the Echo man

Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks Ernie, nice to meet you as well.

You have any 10 inch toms?

John

Posted on 12 years ago

Nope, used to have 10 inch Remo Roto tom in my 6/8/10 bar. I have some in the works (projects) but not yet completed.

Groovy forum, aye?

Good to see a young man like yourself interested in "Vintage Drums". Keep 'em alive!

Ernie (founder of "Echomania", the next best thing to seeing the "Echos" live!)

Posted on 12 years ago

Well, I don't think I am as old as you think I am, you old ****!

"Echomania" ???

Really? You mean someone dares to attempt to assemble a tribute band for such the greatness we know as "the Echos"?

Wow, you must be really good on the drums and play with other guys who are great on their guitars and stuff. Do you guys pull it off without cheating with harmonizers, samplers, etc??

You must sweat you %#@*s off in those costumes too!

John

Posted on 12 years ago

Well, kid, you eat your Wheaties and take your vitamins and practice practice practice and maybe someday you too can thrive to such greatness!

You really are all too kind! We old guys are quite blessed just to be able keep a song together with our old joints, bad backs, and our hearing issues and all. My bass player threw his back out the other night and had to play with a stool with a back the whole gig.

Speaking of stool, I need to......

Gotta go walk the dog too.....

"Mildred, where's my paper!!??!!??!!??"

Ernie the Echomaster

Posted on 12 years ago

always found 10" drums to have a "pew, pew" sound to them (reminds me of 90s Recording Customs in the Weckl configuration)

having said that, i just picked up one this weekend, but its not vintage

: )

also found 20" bass drums a little "toom, toom-y" but got one last month anyway (a vintage Beltone)

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here