Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

Vintage Slingerland and Leedy Hardware

When I acquired my 1963 Leedy Shelly Manne drum set I did some shopping on eBay and other places on the Internet to find a period-correct bass drum pedal and hi hat stand. I already had a Slingerland pedal and stand from the same period. I also already had several snare drum stands and cymbal stands from that period that are the single-braced items that were made by Walberg & Auge or Camco for all drum brands. The Leedy models of the pedal and stand are the same as the Slingerland models except for the foot board that was unique to each brand. Here are pictures of the two brands next to each other. Please note that the Slingerland Tempo King hi hat in this picture is a more recent (early 70s?) heavier model that still used the same older foot board. I was too lazy to dig through my stash of old hardware to find the correct Slingerland model. But.......if I switch out the foot boards on the lighter weight pedal, I will have the period-correct Slingerland model. The 1963 Leedy drum set plays the way I fondly remember my drums feeling and sounding back when they were new. Please also note that, as much as I love the Tempo King hardware, I still also love the vintage Rogers Swivomatic pedals and hi hats as shown in the picture of the drum set.

No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 1 year ago

Nice. I shouldn't have ever sold mine, wine red ripple. Went to a member here. It was so beautiful that somebody actually broke in and stole it! He is now a convicted person for it, and I got it back. It was way too different for anybody to not notice it wherever it went.

Posted on 1 year ago

I was a manufacturer's representative in the musical instrument business for over thirty years. The criminality of equipment thieves is exceeded only by the stupidity of most of them. Many of my customers' stores were victimized by equipment thieves--mostly guitars. A common thread in these thefts were that the guitars stolen were usually the most easily identifiable by their paint jobs and "look-at-me" overall appearance. Often times, the gaudy (usually cheaper) guitars were right next to the conservative-looking very expensive guitars that were not stolen.

No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here