Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.63048%

Rogers Tower Cleveland No.#2780

I think I finally got this drum all correct.. great snare!

1 attachments
Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 14 years ago

Very nice Jim !!!! Congrats !!

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

Correct hoops - check

Correct t. rods - check

strainer - check

Looks all there and correct to me and a nice early serial with a muffler option. With that low serial number might even be the desirable 3 ply shell. Do you have the matching kit? I have the same and it really plays well. Enjoy!

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks fellows.. a labor of love for sure!

Yes, I do have the Tower kit to match that snare... the fade is a little different on the kit... it's leaning just toward gingerale and away from brilliant silver. The snare must have been in a case most of it's life. The kit is 20-12-14, that is a sweet kit and I now play it almost exclusively..

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks fellows.. a labor of love for sure!Yes, I do have the Tower kit to match that snare... the fade is a little different on the kit... it's leaning just toward gingerale and away from brilliant silver. The snare must have been in a case most of it's life. The kit is 20-12-14, that is a sweet kit and I now play it almost exclusively..

Glad you completed your kit. Can you post a photo of your Tower kit? Those Rogers 14s are great little drums.

Posted on 14 years ago

Jim, man that's a beautiful snare drum!!, another project completed!, now how many more to go??

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Before and after on the kit.. :) Thanks for the nice comments.. sincerely it's just real nice to hear that.

Next project.. I've had a red sparkle Radio King snare and matching 22" Slingy bass drum sitting on the shelf for about a year (maybe more) I really need to finish building that kit.. need to find those toms! :(

I've also had a nice early "red muffler" Acro sitting for some time that I really want to get cleaned up...it's a real mess.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here