Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Non-USA drums

Old 07-24-2018, 08:13 AM

Default Another Premiere snare ID question.

Hi..I have just bought at a really silly price a chrome on steel, 14x 5, 8 lug premier snare..I though it might have been newish because of its immaculate condition...but it's marked 9-87 inside and the serial number is 007627 (if that means anything !)
Only when I got it home did I notice that it has cast hoops. So..is it a common model that's been upgraded or something a little more unusual..My interent searches have been fruitless.
The pic attached shows the badge style, the lugs and the throw-off..Any info on the model number appreciated..It sounds great by the way..Thanks in advance..Roger
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6155.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	120372  
Old 07-25-2018, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Another Premiere snare ID question.

I believe that's a Premier 1005 snare. Solid drum, I love Premiers. I think those hoops are not stock (I'm 95% sure), my guess is the previous owner added them. Premier's die cast hoops are amazing, my favorite version of die casts. They're a bit lower profile, not as heavy and chunky...if that was mine, I'd source a pair of vintage Premier die casts, off a Premier 2000 snare, etc. They're people online who will have them around.

Nice drum, enjoy!
Old 07-25-2018, 02:09 AM
Advanced Member

Trilok is correct it's a 1005 steel snare with non-standars hoops. The badge puts it at 1987-1994.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:08 AM

Thank you both for that information..It's fine drum and will be kept as is - I have two other non-exotic snares and this one is every bit as good as them..Was a nice find for 20 notes..