Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

Post any and all bugs and issues here.

To repeat what others have said, the wait times are unacceptable. 4 minutes to get to the home page, then click on a thread and wait another 3 minutes. This is with an updated Safari OS, on a Thursday night at 9:30 pm California time. I hope this can be improved, because it is gonna kill the VDF. No other website that I go to has any delay at all.

Regards, Marty Black

Posted on 11 months ago

This should be resolved soon. I posted an update at this link

https://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=68203

I do appreciate the members that are here, I think generally speaking we have covered a lot of the history. It is very nicely stored here on the VDF for visitors to learn about. New topics pop-up and hidden treasures come to light, but generally speaking the VDG and VDF have a lot of history in place.

If you look, there might be 5-12 members, but 800 guests at any given time. Many times more. The traffic here is very robust! My goal is to keep the history for the hundreds of people learning about the hobby and hopefully finding the information they need.

We do all of this without an ad, pop up or annoying propaganda being thrown in your face. Last year I dropped $2K+ to fix it all and move to a new server. My budget this year is limited! There are things I want to improve.

Thanks to everyone that still posts and supports the forum.

Posted on 11 months ago

The speed is very good after the downtime over the weekend. Thanks for the team's efforts in addressing the issues.

Posted on 11 months ago

Still extremely slow at times. Yesterday I timed out several times without getting to the website.

Still worth trying a couple of times a day.

Posted on 11 months ago

Yep. Slow again.

Posted on 11 months ago

Just an FYI that the site will be going through the upgrades this weekend and will be turned off to make the necessary fixes we have ben experiencing. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Posted on 11 months ago

Just a request for a "New Posts" and "Mark Forums Read" feature that the system had but the current one doesn't.

Thanks!

Posted on 2 months ago

I like knowing how long a member has been with VDF and I see that is missing. Can it be implemented?

-Mark

Posted on 2 months ago

The log-in isn't 'remembering' me even though I have the check-box selected and I have to log-in with password after a period of time. I stay logged in if I came back within a couple of hours but get logged out if it's the next day (or like now, better than 12-hours, but the clock has ticked over to a new day). 

UPDATE: Looks like the login 'remember' feature is working for me now, as I was still logged in when I opened the forum this morning.

Posted on 2 months ago
Action Another action Something else here