Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

Attention all members! Please read!

Hello!, and welcome back to all! ... as now,

... you should all be able to access the VDF once again. I just want to take a quick minute and BRIEFLY tell you what happened:

The server company that services the VDF had a MAJOR crash of a magnitude that caught even them by surprise. Of course the VDF went down in flames .. but .. we had backup. ALWAYS a prudent thing to do/have! Unfortunately, once the server came back on line .. which took a few days by the way .. they HAD to service their bigger accounts first. Just the way it goes in the pecking order. What they/we didn't know was ... there was a major corruption within the DNS protocol, and well ... you know the rest. Certain areas were able to log in/on, but most others were not .. and that .. included both David and myself. Big issue there because we weren't able to do/see anything as we couldn't even access the site. David worked hard behind the scenes to try and get to the bottom of the issue. The server company was not a lot of help, at first .. so .. it took a while as all of you know. TODAY was the big breakthrough! They finally got to it and figured out what the issue was .. but .. it was something outside even their control. They had to go to the company that actually holds the/their servers. The trickle down effect was ... we are back! THANKS to all for holding tight .. and .. to idrum4fun/Mark for helping me/us keep an eye out on the forum as well as reporting just what was working, and what was not. THANKS Mark! So with all that said ... we shall continue on!, but ... there may be some BIG changes afoot .. but not in a bad way .. so stay tuned!

Tommyp

Posted on 2 years ago

From Tommyp

Hello!, and welcome back to all! ... as now,... you should all be able to access the VDF once again. I just want to take a quick minute and BRIEFLY tell you what happened:The server company that services the VDF had a MAJOR crash of a magnitude that caught even them by surprise. Of course the VDF went down in flames .. but .. we had backup. ALWAYS a prudent thing to do/have! Unfortunately, once the server came back on line .. which took a few days by the way .. they HAD to service their bigger accounts first. Just the way it goes in the pecking order. What they/we didn't know was ... there was a major corruption within the DNS protocol, and well ... you know the rest. Certain areas were able to log in/on, but most others were not .. and that .. included both David and myself. Big issue there because we weren't able to do/see anything as we couldn't even access the site. David worked hard behind the scenes to try and get to the bottom of the issue. The server company was not a lot of help, at first .. so .. it took a while as all of you know. TODAY was the big breakthrough! They finally got to it and figured out what the issue was .. but .. it was something outside even their control. They had to go to the company that actually holds the/their servers. The trickle down effect was ... we are back! THANKS to all for holding tight .. and .. to idrum4fun/Mark for helping me/us keep an eye out on the forum as well as reporting just what was working, and what was not. THANKS Mark! So with all that said ... we shall continue on!, but ... there may be some BIG changes afoot .. but not in a bad way .. so stay tuned!Tommyp

I am so happy you are back!

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 2 years ago

Awesome! Thanks for the hard work!

Erich

Posted on 2 years ago

Super moderator/Tommy P.. David A.. Thank you for all you do..... VDF!!!flowers2

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 2 years ago

Tommyp! Very glad that David got the issue resolved and that both of you can access VDF! Really looking forward to the BIG changes coming our way!

-Mark

Posted on 2 years ago

Just donated a little to help

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 2 years ago

I'm glad you got it straightened out.

'23 DW Collector's, Black Galaxy: 13/16/18/22/14 sn.
'01 DW Collector's, Oyster White: 8/10/12/14/16/22.
'24 DW Performance, Gold Sparkle, 12/14/20.
'59-ish Slingerland Pink Sparkle, 13/16/22.

'72 Slingerland Red Tiger Pearl: 12/13/16/16/22.
'69 Rogers Holiday, Red Onyx: 13/16/24
'67 Ludwig Burgundy Sparkle: 12/13/16/22.
'70-ish Ludwig Std, Burgundy Oyster: 13/16/22.
'69-ish MIJ Drum Mate: Peacock Pearl: 13/16/22.
'67-ish MIJ Crown, Red Sparkle, 12/13/16/22.

'67-ish,. MIJ Drum Mate, Blue Oyster, 12/13/16/22.

Posted on 2 years ago

Beaut,bonza,grouse mate,

Streuth stone the crows/strike me pink you need an ice cold beer after all that!!!!! :).

Posted on 2 years ago

I was getting in on a computer I configured with OpenDNS since last Friday. But I'm glad to see you're fully back. I need to post more, but I check in daily.

Posted on 2 years ago

Vintage drum enthusiasts need this place, and i say we are all very grateful for all your time and effort. No where else will you find this depth of vintage gear support.

Much appreciated.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here