Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

Drum Mate Red Sparkle

Hi all. Great community here! My parents purchased my first drum kit about 20 years ago. I played it for many years and never thought to research it. I always assumed it was a cheap, off brand kit. But, I never thought it might be vintage. After doing some research today I found that these kits were made until 1973 I think. Its been very cool to learn this.

I'm trying to find some parts. Mostly tension rods and washers for toms and bass drum. Also a floor tom leg, and what I think might be the hardest to find, a small metal piece that the tom attaches to.

I have no idea where to look for these pieces but I'd love to get the kit back in shape.

Looking at this catalog, its Drum Mate 5, though I have a red sparkle snare instead of the chrome snare.

http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/japanese_drums/images/Star/1966-1.jpg

I appreciate any help.

Posted on 8 years ago

Hello and Welcome,

You may contact me via my website, which also includes further information about your pre-Tama drumset (see below). ;-)

I may be able to help you with some of the required parts.

Cheers, Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 8 years ago

Thanks Ralf. I emailed at the link on your site. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here