Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Drums

Old 04-13-2021, 11:48 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Chicago Drum Show 2021

Too soon for big events.

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Old 04-13-2021, 09:16 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC View Post
KO, You live in illinois, but maybe the news hasn't arrived in your backwater yet, but things have already flared up and restrictions are still in place. Like you, I'm hoping for the best, but so far.........
Oh yeah I know (I'm in Rockford all the time for work). My J&J shot that was scheduled for tomorrow has just been cancelled. I may have to rethink things.

I live a mile away from the Rock River....my backwater is the same as yours, just further downstream (LOL).
Old 04-13-2021, 10:16 PM
Contributing Member

Well K.O. (and vyacheslav),

I've got a family commitment in the NW suburbs the week of the Drum Show, and I've got a non-refundable airline ticket from L.A.

If the drum show happens and if you and I are the only ones walking the aisles, it'll be easy to meet up.

I lived in nearby Crystal Lake (McHenry County) for 30 years until I was paroled and exiled to California. And I've had all my shots, including rabies and distemper. :-)

Hope to meet you - and any other VDFs there.

Regards, Marty Black
Old 04-14-2021, 05:27 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

I've not made it to the Chicago Show yet, won't this year, and guessing I may never make it due to distance. I was wondering if there would be any shows this year including in CT. All of you who make it, enjoy!

This Covid thing is a strange phenomenon. Cases were on the rise here recently in Jordan and they reinstituted lockdown on Fridays and all days between 7 PM and 6 AM. I don't know how they are doing it from the point of view of their economy. Tons of folks already living day to day here because wages for the regular people is very low and the cost of living very high. This month, it's lockdown during Ramadan. Coffee shops are going to be folding.

As for me, I cannot believe I haven't gotten this thing yet. I flew to CA in January last year as the Covid thing was getting going, drove from there to Tucson, then drove clear across the US in February staying in hotels all they way and even having lunch in New Orleans where it took serious hold shortly thereafter. Then from Florida to Maine in March, then from Maine to Florida in October and then from Florida to Jordan in November. Nothing yet. Very strange. One Pfizer down and second one this coming Saturday if they don't cancel again like they did two weeks ago.

I can't imagine what it is doing to professional musicians either. It must be wicked tough now.
Old 04-14-2021, 09:21 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

I’m glad the shows at Kane County fairgrounds again. The bummer part for me is the $20 entrance fee without any artists for clinics. Still a great place to find vintage parts as well as new stuff, meet friends and networking.

Last edited by Olimpass; 04-14-2021 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-14-2021, 09:48 PM

I heard that the Ct drum show is no more. Some issue with the building availability and the promoter was just tired of doing it.
Old 04-15-2021, 05:33 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustedhead View Post
I heard that the Ct drum show is no more. Some issue with the building availability and the promoter was just tired of doing it.
Bad news, but understandable. There used to be one in the middle part of Massachusetts back in the day and that's gone too.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:44 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O. View Post
Oh yeah I know (I'm in Rockford all the time for work). My J&J shot that was scheduled for tomorrow has just been cancelled. I may have to rethink things.

I live a mile away from the Rock River....my backwater is the same as yours, just further downstream (LOL).
We definitely are backwater bros!!
Old 04-22-2021, 08:51 AM

I am planning to attend Fri/Sat but certainly plan to wear a mask and be quite cautious (no contact and lots of hand washing). As of next week, I'll be fully immunized. However, the rise in incidence of the COVID variants is concerning. I don't think it's completely clear how well the current vaccines will protect against these variants, with new ones popping up all the time.

I do hope to see others at the CDS but completely respect the decision of others not to attend. If I see a lot of people without masks, I'm outta there...

Wishing you all the best of health and drum happiness...Bob