Old 09-03-2011, 12:02 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Little Blue Onyx Star
Found this pic of John Bonham behind a Star Jr.
Attached Thumbnails
Old 09-03-2011, 12:56 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to jonnistix
Don't wanna wrinkle any feathers, but this is a "Drum Mate" line. The "so called lugs" are not really lugs. Some of these kits have pass-through rods, others screw directly into the lug. Not the best idea Star ever had.
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Old 09-03-2011, 06:32 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Indeed, it could be both a Star or a DrumMate kit (although I've never heard of a DrumMate junior version).

Here is a link to the Swing Star 'Midget Drum' with exactly this configuration:
http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/anniversar...cat_id=9&now=5

Anyway, thanks for that great pic!

Ralf
Old 09-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Hi jonnistix and Ralf, notice this is post 31,32 and 33 of this thread. All the info has been previously mentioned. As always, thank you for your interest and input. I just really was adding the pic I had found.
Old 01-04-2021, 04:14 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
Like jonni said, in this case they're just brackets that are like a guide for the tension rods and screw into a half moon shaped threaded nut under the bottom hoop which looks to be a stamped out piece of the same material as the pedal (last pic). Internal snare wires similar to a tone control knob to keep the kiddies from destroying them I guess.
The 9" heads came in. Now just need to make a cymbal arm for the bass mount and fabricate something for the mini cymbal stand base. What might be a couple good mini cymbals for this? I was thinking of getting a 10x10 tom and converting it to a mini floor tom maybe...lol. This would be a cool kit to bring to the woods for a little jam outside..
OK, so I have never seen this finish. When I said I had a blue one, I meant I had a blue marine pearl or whatever you want to call that. I've never seen this blue onyx type. That's really something special. I'd imagine it's mega rare.

Tags
blue star jr , olimpass , star jr