Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Non-USA drums

Old 09-13-2013, 11:33 PM

Default Pearl Silver Script Badge Drum Kit?

I've been looking for a vintage player's kit for the past month. I stumbled across a Pearl kit from the 60's at my local Guitar Center, but I don't have any photos. Bear with me.

It has the Pearl silver script badge and a red/black swirl finish (red oyster pearl). The interiors are painted silver and have felt mufflers. Four piece set, with snare, bass, rack and floor tom. (I'm not interested in the snare as much). Couple issues (that I don't think are huge), half the bass drum claws have been replaced and there is a hole the size of a penny in the bass. Apparently that hole has been filled. Nothing wrong with the finish, bearing edges, or the shells themselves.

I think it looks great, although I didn't play it (short on time). It's going for $250. Do you guys think this is a good price?
Old 09-14-2013, 02:58 AM
Advanced Member

Default Re: Pearl Silver Script Badge Drum Kit?

I have a pearl president kit from the late 60s I believe. Craigslist find back about 5 years ago for $100.
i put a little tlc into it and bought all new heads , reso bass hoop and it needed all new rods and claws. I think I did good for a total of $300 or so. Shells sound great and the wrap and lugs cleaned up very nice. So 250 sounds about fair. If you have any spare drum stuff try throwing it in to get the price down a little more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	61530  
Old 09-14-2013, 03:00 AM
Advanced Member

Default Re: Pearl Silver Script Badge Drum Kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpercussion85 View Post
I have a pearl president kit from the late 60s I believe. Craigslist find back about 5 years ago for $100.
i put a little tlc into it and bought all new heads , reso bass hoop and it needed all new rods and claws. I think I did good for a total of $300 or so. Shells sound great and the wrap and lugs cleaned up very nice. So 250 sounds about fair. If you have any spare drum stuff try throwing it in to get the price down a little more.
Another pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	61531