Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

Leedy Acrylic Snare - rare?

Hi. I want to share with you the 13"x7" acrylic snare I bought. It belonged to an old drummer that is selling all snares and drums due to his age. He says he bought it from an USA drummer some years ago because of the great look, keeped it in his house and never played it. He said me that this snare is from 60's but I don't think so, it looks "modern" to me, similar to pork pie for example.

Anyway, it is in really good condition! No rust, no scratches, no issues. Almost perfect! It says "Leedy Drums Since 1895 Chicago U.S.A."

Can you give me more info about it?

Cheers.

Posted on 8 years ago

You got taken. Sorry. If you didn't spend too much and the drum sounds to your liking, no harm no foul.

Posted on 8 years ago

Looks like a custom build. Not a product of the Leedy (or Slingerland) company.

-Erik
______
Early '70's Slingerland New Rock #50 in blue agate (20-16-13-12)
Late '50's WFL Swingster/Barrett Deems in black/gold Duco
'70's Slingerland Gene Krupa Sound King COB
'76 Ludwig Supraphonic
early '70's Ludwig Acrolite
'80's Ludwig Rocker II 6 1/2" snare
Rogers Supreme Big "R" hi hat
Posted on 8 years ago

From Starship Krupa

Looks like a custom build. Not a product of the Leedy (or Slingerland) company.

I knew this is not leedy. Anyway I liked it.

I think it is a Pork pie.

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

That drum builder definitely had too much time on his hands.

LoLoLoLo

Posted on 8 years ago

Either a Pork Pie Pig-Lite (or an exact copy of one) with a different (fantasy) badge attached.

I have one of those, not a bad sounding drum but kind of a one trick pony (sounds the same no matter how you hit it).

Leedy went out of business long before the acrylic drum shells first came out. Gretsch still owns the name and there have been some re-issue "Leedy" drums made in the past 10 years, but nothing like this.

It is likely "rare" in the technical sense since it is probably one of a kind (no other similar drums with that faked non-original badge on them) but in this case rare wouldn't translate into valuable.

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here