Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Restoring Vintage Drums

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2009, 12:16 AM

Question Slingerland Copper Protection

First, I'm new to this forum and the greeting tells me to go to the Introductions Forum, which I cannot locate. That being said I'll start here..

I currently own a five piece Slingerland Copper wrapped set, it has a fair amount of pitting and scuffing and having read a lot of posts already I realize I probably can only make them look a bit better, but I'll never be able to restore them to new, unless of course I win the lottery.

I also have a line on a pristine 14 piece set fo Copper wrapped Slingerlands that If I get them, I would like to be able to protect them more than the lacquer coating can. I'm wondering if it would deteriorate the value of the drums if I were to apply the 3M Scotchgard Paint Protection Film?

It's just a wild thought going through my head so I'm interested in some more knowledgeable opinions on this. They are such beautiful drums I want to do everything I can to preserve them and still be able to play them with the band as they were meant to be.

Glad to have found this forum and I hope to utilize it often.