Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Drums

Old 07-25-2020, 10:46 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Rogers advice needed please! 20" Fullerton*bass drum spur collet catching on plat

The carriage bolt was not raised, the collet is actually bent toward the carriage bolt causing the contact. The collet could bend without damaging the shell. Good job Mark.
Old 07-25-2020, 02:58 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Rogers advice needed please! 20" Fullerton*bass drum spur collet catching on plat

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingerfan View Post
The carriage bolt was not raised, the collet is actually bent toward the carriage bolt causing the contact. The collet could bend without damaging the shell. Good job Mark.

That would explain it
Old 07-25-2020, 11:46 PM
Contributing Member

The "new" leg bracket is installed and it worked like a charm! Thanks to all of you for you input and insights, and especially to you, Mark, for sending the bracket. That was very generous and cool of you, and I truly appreciate it.

As promised, here are some pictures of the kit. 12/16/20, with coated Emperors batter side, coated Ambassadors reso. LOVE the way this combo sounds, and that 20" kick is absolute thunder (I'm actually tempted to take that muffling strip out).
I'm assuming it's a re-wrap since there's no visible fading, the serial #'s would indicate late 60s/early 70s and the finish is smooth - none of that "orange peel" texture I've read about, but whoever did it did an excellent job. I can't find any extra holes inside the shells, or scuff marks for the badges/grommets. The seams appear to be in the right places as well (I think?).
Either way, sorry for this rambling post. I've admired Rogers drums for a long time now, and I'm just excited I finally got my hands on some. (I definitely never imagined I'd score a green sparkle one). I'm no expert like a lot of you guys, but this is definitely my favorite era for Rogers. The hardware innovation, the incredible craftsmanship, the look, and most importantly the way they SOUND...

Old 07-25-2020, 11:47 PM
Contributing Member

And here are a few more pics:

Old 07-26-2020, 07:56 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Beautiful drum set! If I'm not mistaken, that close up shot of the wrap looks to be glass glitter rather than sparkle. That should be a forever drum set for anyone who likes Rogers drums. You scored a treasure when you acquired that set.
Old 07-26-2020, 11:55 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right, it is glass glitter. Such a classy look. And yeah, I feel very lucky.