Old 05-23-2011, 06:31 AM

Default Ludwig Jazzfestival query
hi guys,

I am going to refurbish the ol' jazzfestival I have, blue oyster pearl wrap, new baseball bat, and a badge. Unfortunately the stamp is sanded off. My question is what sort of value (ballpark figure is fine) if it is refurbished as aformentioned? Taking into account the badge and wrap won't be original and it has no stamp. Thank you !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Old 05-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Ludwig Jazzfestival query
No value at all as a collectible.

Player value is up to the player to decide.

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Old 05-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

+1 O -LUGS.All collector value was literally sanded away.To be collectable,the drum has to be in as close to the same condition as it was when it left the factory.No alterations at all.All you will have now is a restored,player grade drum.

Steve B
Old 05-23-2011, 01:39 PM
Advanced Member

If you invest your time and money to go for it, the highest value of all will be sentimental. Only you will be able to appreciate all the details that went into creating that great sound.
Having been there and done that, if it's money you are after, don't do a darn thing to it including clean it, and just sell it. If you derive personal satisfaction from tinkering, and want to learn a thing or two about drum making by all means just do it. The truth is that drum is not rare, it doesn't need to be preserved like high art for three hundred years. Ludwig made zillions of them even though you don't see them every day. My advice is to put a new head on it and wear it out working on your chops. The pleasure you will get from playing a fine drum such as that will be worth far more than $300.00 in the long run.

Glen
Old 05-23-2011, 01:44 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

If it was an all-original Oyster Black Pearl Jazz Festival from the 60's, it might sell for over $3K like one did recently on eBay.

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Old 05-23-2011, 10:57 PM

Thanks guys,

I am more for the collectible on this one, tad disappointed its value is gone. But it does sound INCREDIBLE for its age, so will go ahead and tinker, bit of TLC and love, make her look pretty. thanks again.