Old 03-10-2022, 07:33 PM

Default Yer Forcing Me…
I don’t need another set of drums, but this just seems too good to pass up…
https://spokane.craigslist.org/msg/d...455311739.html

I have been good. I haven’t even looked at CL, ebay or Reverb in months so I don’t get tempted. Today I looked at the CL ads for bands needing drummers, then for some reason, I wandered over to the drums for sale section. Whyyyyyyyyyy….?
Old 03-10-2022, 09:13 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Yer Forcing Me…
Hey jm!

While I've never been attracted to COW drum sets, the price for this set would probably have me driving over to pick them up! I say go for it and bring them back to life!! But, that's just me!

I just did a Google map search and you're not very far away! Yeah, gas prices have skyrocketed, but still...

-Mark

Last edited by idrum4fun; 03-10-2022 at 09:16 PM. Reason: add'l
Old 03-10-2022, 10:28 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

U know I had a 18 and a 20 cow ft ‘s in the 70’s to go with my red trixon bd and hang it was great
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Old 03-11-2022, 04:15 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Big sound there. $300 and you can't go wrong. Time to check my local Craigslist.
Old 03-11-2022, 06:44 PM

I have sent two emails - so far, no response. Maybe only reads emails on Saturdays??
Old 03-11-2022, 06:46 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcohen View Post
I have sent two emails - so far, no response. Maybe only reads emails on Saturdays??
Yes, some people are slow to respond to email from CL! I hope you hear back soon!

-Mark
Old 03-12-2022, 09:11 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

I don't like the chrome look. I wouldn't want to mess with trying to clean up the chrome. And, I wouldn't want to fuss with removing the chrome. But, that price is so good that I would buy them and put a thin wrap on top of the chrome. The Bum Wrap covering material is fairly thin and very pliable. They can make you a wrap of your choosing for a relatively small charge. There are other companies like Bum Wrap that can probably do the same thing for you.
Old 03-12-2022, 11:21 AM

I know the chrome wrap can be problematic, but not as much as the copper! I guess I am caught up in the memory of going to a high school jazz competition (Reno, perhaps?), where they had a beautiful, gleaming chrome set everyone played. Don’t remember if it was Slingerland or Pearl, but it sounded huge on that big stage in front of the largest audience I had ever performed for. In those fleeting moments, I was a professional musician.

The mind sure messes with us, does it not?

Josh